Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Something in the Way He Moved Me...

Paul McCartney came to SLC last night for the first time!  It was EPIC!!!  Yes, I was self-conscious about going out in public, but I forced myself to be open to some fun and boy, oh boy, did it pay off.  I'm sure the skinny little blonde bitch next to me didn't appreciate me shakin' my bootay, but I didn't care.  I felt like a kid again!  It's probably the most fun I've had in 25 years...and it made me realize how badly I've forgotten how to have fun....all because I'm so worried about what I look like.  Paul was amazing!  The people were amazing!  There were people from all walks of life, all sizes, all colors, all ages...and it was glorious!  Paul played for almost 3 hours, but the best moments were the moments when the band would go quiet in the middle of a song and the entire crowd carried on singing.  Wow!  20,000 people singing in unison a'capella!  What a rush!  I was so moved by the experience...so many people being brough together with music!  There is absolutely nothing else in the world that can unite people like music.  It is truly the universal language.

No comments:

Post a Comment