Monday, August 23, 2010

Here I Go Again

So...Janet Reid, literary agent, is hosting another writing contest on her blog...one of those funky little 100-word or less stories (no, I didn't even get an honorable mention from the last one that I did and most of the other entries made no sense, so I guess what she really likes are submissions that refer to inside jokes of the trade that the rest of us don't get).  This time, we are to tell a story utilizing the following five words:  minion, sinister, nemesis, heinous and headgear.  Here's mine...
**********************************************************************************
C.P. the Conqueror and his loyal minion, Clancy, were 13. By Vanqasian standards, they were old men. their mission...to establish dominion over President Dellanovia's sinister nemesis, JimHaShpa of Planet Vanq. In preparation for disembarkment, the check list began. Lasers...check. Invisibility cloak...check. Force field...check. Wait...a heinous substance oozed onto C.P.'s hand. Something struck his head! CODE RED!!!
                                                          **********
C.P. lifted his head from the slab of wood laminate. Drool pooled on the desktop and his headgear was jammed into his gums. He composed himself without a moment to spare. "Yes, ma'am. the square root of 16 is 4."
*************************************************************************************
Not great, but I love doing these exercises...didn't get to do her last two contests but now that August (my most harried momth of the year) is almost over, I've got more time to write.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I liked it--it made me laugh, which is a real plus! Good luck on the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure you'll be the winner this time. you have to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I read this I can't stop laughing. You are good girl.

    ReplyDelete